The Morrow County Health District is the local public health agency serving Morrow County, Ohio. We work to promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to protect those living, working, and visiting in Morrow County. Our public health professionals work to help create a physical and social environment that supports the health and quality of life for our community.
Morrow County: Living Well in a Healthy Community
To protect the health of Morrow County by preventing disease and injury, and promoting healthy choices through leadership, education, and collaboration.
These Values are our core beliefs and principles that influence all of the work we do.
- Accountability: We take ownership of our words and actions.
- Community Focused: We put the best interests of our community first.
- Fairness: We serve everyone equally no matter the situation.
- Integrity: We do what is right, even when no one is looking.
- Respectful: We treat others how we want to be treated.
- Trustworthy: We are honest and dependable.
The Morrow County Health District is staffed by many public heath professionals, including an environmental public health team of 3, a public health nursing team of 5, a health commissioner, and a fiscal specialist. The Morrow County Health Department employs a health commissioner, a director of environmental health, a director of nursing, registered sanitarians, registered nurses, a health educator, a vital statistics registrar, and a fiscal specialist.
Morrow County, Ohio is a rural community of 35,000 people. We are located in a pastoral setting in Central Ohio roughly 40 minutes north of downtown Columbus. The county sits at the crossroads of suburban and country living. We are characterized by our sense of family and community.